The BMC, responding to Kangana Ranaut’s plea, said that the ask of Rs 2 crore was an abuse of the project of regulations and urged the Bombay HC to brush apart the actor’s petition.
Kangana Ranaut (PTI)
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Friday filed a answer within the Bombay Excessive Court (HC) on actor Kangana Ranaut’s plea looking for Rs 2 crore as damages for demolition at her bungalow.
The BMC, responding to Kangana Ranaut’s plea, said that the ask of Rs 2 crore was an abuse of the project of regulations.
The civic body additionally urged the court docket to brush apart Kangana Ranaut’s petition and impose a fee on her for filing this kind of plea.
“The writ petition and the leisure sought for therein constitute an abuse of energy. The petition no longer be entertained and desires to be dismissed with charges,” THe BMC said.
On September 9, the BMC demolished a section of Kangana Ranaut’s Pali Hill bungalow here, claiming that she had made huge structural alterations without due permission.
After she moved the HC on the identical day, a bench led by Justice SJ Kathawalla stayed the demolition. On September 15, Kangana Ranaut amended her plea, looking for a compensation of Rs 2 crore from the BMC.
In its answer, filed thru recommend Joel Carlos, the BMC alleged that Kangana Ranaut falsely said that the alterations had been as per permission previously granted by it.
On September 5, right thru a routine inspection, its officers seen illegal repairs and alterations being implemented at the bungalow, so a demolition witness was issued and the demolition was this capability that truth implemented.
The following hearing within the case is slated for September 22.
ALSO READ | Sona Mohapatra slams Kangana Ranaut for using Sushant’s demise: Worst act of opportunism
ALSO READ | Anurag Kashyap tells Kangana: Manikarnika, China pe chadh ja, tere ghar se LAC ek din ka safar haiALSO WATCH | Urmila Matondkar takes on Kangana Ranaut